Investment writer, Chloe Walker, takes a brief look at some of the findings of INREV's 2022 Investment Intentions, in an article published earlier this month on Financial Standard
"The Investment Intentions Survey, published annually by the European Association for Investors in Non-listed Real Estate Vehicles (INREV), alongside the Asian Association for Investors in Non-Listed Real Estate Vehicles and the Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) provides insight into expected trends in the real estate investment industry."
- According to the survey, Institutional investors plan to deploy at least €68.2 billion into global real estate this year.
- Geographic distribution of this new market capital will come from Europe (52%), North America (26%) and the Asia Pacific (21% )
- Investors favoured industrial/logistics as a single top sector choice at 71% when investing in Europe, placing it ahead of offices and residential (both on 69%).
- Offices and retail were down by 15% and 23% from their long-term averages.
- The report paid note to the ever-growing ESG agenda across all regions, which is set to be a key factor in investment decisions in 2022.
To read the full article, click HERE